Sunday, February 26, 2017

2017 Goals - Week 8

1. Exercise: as of Saturday 2/25/17 - Not my best week due to rain and sleep.  I ran 2x, but didn't swim at all, and didn't bike either.

Running: 300 miles: To date: 29.01 miles  
Biking: 500 miles: To date: 9.6 miles 
Swimming: 50 miles: To date: 5.04 miles 
Walking: 150 miles: To date: 35.44 miles
Weights/ yoga: 30 minutes a week (1560 this year): 319 minutes 

2. Grocery bill: Keep it under $7000 ($134.62/wk)$993.88.  This was a big week.

3.  Weight: 136.2!  Stomach flu weight hasn't come back yet.

4.  Family:
Go on 12 family hikes: fail. fail. fail.
Do game night once a week: Lots of UNO

5.  Crafts:
- Crochet a blanket (a "thermometer" granny square blanket, based on the temperature each day). Moving along.  Afghan #1 will be 120 blocks and will end by the end of April.  Unfortunately, they must never reorder yarn at my Michael's.  I had to sub a different blue for the 50-60F already, and now it's almost empty.  And I had to sub ANOTHER blue.  The only way to get it online is to buy 3, and shipping is expensive.  So I could spend $49 and get free shipping, but that's WAY more yarn than I need, KWIM?

- crochet a purse: nothing

- participate in my quilting group's exchange: nothing.  I don't even remember what this is.
- make 12 snowflakes: nothing
- attempt to make socks: I've pinned a bunch of instructions?  Been really busy taking care of sick people.

6.  Sleep: Meh, okay this week.

7.  Food: eat vegan 2 days a week. I'm not sure when or if I'm going to jump back on this train.

8.  Cookbooks: Try 1 recipe from every cookbook I own.  Ditto.  See #7.  I made chili, but does it count if I change almost everything in the recipe?

9.  Work:
     a. Skills: Learn enough programming to automate the data pulls for problem lots (which requires pulling data from 2 different databases).  Haven't worked on this yet.
     b. Personal:  Don't engage.  Really.  

10.  Home: Contact contractor/ architect on adding a second bathroom.Nothing. But we did talk to the plumber about (finally) replacing the sewer line.  Nothing like $8k bill!  Haven't gotten the written estimate.

11.  Garden: actually plant tomatoes this year.  Baby steps. Nothing
Ooh, need to add: put some ground cover in the back dirt patch

12.  Spouse: once a month lunch date: nothing.  We need a date.  We will at least get one at the school fundraiser in March?

13.  Beverages:
- Drink less coffee and more tea (one cup coffee per day): I only had one cup today!
- Do not buy any wine aside from my two wine club memberships.  I went to pick up my wine shipment today. I hadn't been in awhile - and this is the winery that is 45 minutes away.  She said I had 2 shipments.  But I ended up with 6 bottles of wine.  That's more like 3 shipments (I get 1 red, 1 white - 3 times a year).  I was going to hit them up for donations for the auction - but I chickened out because they were packed.

So, I'm confused because when I get home, my 6 bottles are 2 white and 4 red.  Maybe they changed my membership?  My 2 bottle membership is old, and they don't offer it anymore - I got grandfathered in for years.  Anyway.

I figured since I rarely drink anymore, and my OTHER wine shipment comes in a week (another 6 bottles), that I would just donate wine from my personal stash to the auction.

- Drink two 24-oz bottles of water a day, minimum.  I managed this a couple of days.  Was really dehydrated this week.

14.  Mom's nights/ dad's night once a month: Jan, check.  Feb, fail.

15.  Host friends.  Jan, check.  Feb, fail.

No comments: